Buying & Production Manager
Saysky is on a growth journey! With growth comes increased complexity and need for additional professionalisation of our structures and processes – especially within sourcing, buying and production. Therefore, we seek an experienced ambitious and visionary buyer with strong structural, analytic and negotiation skills. You will be responsible for buying and sourcing across all product groups and categories.
You will become part of a strong design team that works closely together and who work hard to insure that SAYSKY advance to the next level. It is important that you feel comfortable with many different tasks, from sourcing and forecasting to negotiation and purchasing. Your human skills are essential to ensure we continue to have a strong relationship with our suppliers.
This also means that you have a clear idea of a “best practice” process flow and an understanding of the way seasons and annual cycles in the apparel industry are structured.
An ambitious personality with a proactive mentality will be appreciated as you will have a great opportunity to influence future developments in purchasing and sourcing in this newly created position as Production & Buying Manager.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Supplier contact, contract, allocation and mapping
- Start up of collections with suppliers
- Price negotiation
- Placing orders
- Production follow up
- Ongoing analysis of sales data
- Optimization of production flow
- Sourcing for trims and fabrics
- Quality assurance
- Maintenance of various certifications
- Responsible for logistics, including delivery
The success is a structured and secured supply chain geared to the company's growth ambitions. The success is also to ensure that our company always do business on competitive terms and our production suppliers act in compliance with our code of conduct.
What we can offer
- Be part of an ambitious growth company, who is one of the leading players in the global niche running industry
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development
- A casual and sporty spirit in the office, where passion is the fuel that drives us all
- Headquarter on Østerbro, conveniently close to metro, trains, and busses
- Competitive salary based on qualifications, with pension and health insurance
- State of the art gym facilities with changing rooms and showers
- Staff benefits, including discounts for friends and family
- Strong structural, analytic and negotiation skills
- A background in the textile industry so that you understand the basic development and production processes.
- 5+ years’ experience in sourcing and purchasing, ideally in sportswear
- Excellent English skills both written and speaking.
- Strong Excel skill, but also being tech-savvy and reliable with new software platforms
Where you will be working
You should expect travelling time throughout the year, but you will mainly work from our headquarter in Østerbro, Copenhagen.
Please note that this is not a remote position, but you are very welcome to apply if you are willing to relocate to Copenhagen.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis – with the ultimate deadline on March 27th.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com marked “Buying & Production Manager”.
If you have questions about the position, feel free to use same mail address.
Starting time: May 1st, 2023.
We look forward to hearing from you!
This is SAYSKY
SAYSKY is a contemporary and internationally orientated running brand. We have been on an incredible and continuous growth journey ever since our establishment in 2013. Our pace is still high, and we are deeply dedicated in the delivery of high-performance running apparel to our 200 retailers around the world as well as to our customers on our B2C platform.
We have a genuine connection with our worldwide running tribe, and we always strive to challenge the norms and progress the sport of running, through our product designs, marketing actions, and collaborations around the world.
Our organization currently consists of 16 passionate people, who share an optimistic and ambitious mindset. The office vibe is casual, and we value comradery, where lunch is always enjoyed together, and we often go on social runs. We will move to a new and exciting office space in May – ready to accommodate our future growth. The new headquarter is located on Østerbro (Århusgade) and it comes with gym facilities, including treadmills, changing rooms and showers – to support our natural interest in an active lifestyle.