We’re super excited to be back, after being on race-hold for too long – and we couldn’t imagine a better way to get going again, than with a whole series of SAYSKY SUB ROSA races in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles between September 22 and 24.
The SAYSKY Sub Rosa Race is a low key street race that'll require navigational skills and local city knowledge. In order to win, you'll need to be quick on your feet and even quicker with your decisions.
The race is free, however, there're only 50 available slots for each event, so don't wait around if you want to take part. See below for time and place details:
- Sep 22: Copenhagen x Marathon Sport, 18.30 (CEST)
- Sep 23: Aarhus x Løberen, 18.30 (CEST)
- Sep 24: Boston x Heartbreak.run, 8pm (EDT)
- Sep 24: Chicago x Heartbreak.run, 8pm (CDT)
- Sep 24: Los Angeles x Heartbreak.run, 8pm (PDT)
The SAYSKY Sub Rosa Race is not for the rookies or those afraid to take the altered path. This is a race for the experienced running vets, so please keep this in mind before signing up:
- All runners will be dressed in a SAYSKY vest or t-shirt, so we can tell who is who and you can see who you'll be running away from.
- You'll need to track down a couple of checkpoints in a specific order to complete the city-based course.
- The first checkpoint will be provided during the race briefing, shortly before takeoff.
- There is no fixed course or path to follow. It's up to you to find the fastest way to the checkpoints through the city.
- The distance will be somewhere between 5k (3 miles) - 10k (6 miles). It depends on the number of checkpoints and how well you can navigate the city.
- Once you reach a checkpoint, you'll get a mark on your wristband so we can see that you've been there.
- At each checkpoint, you'll be informed about the location of the next checkpoint.
- You'll start and finish in the same place (Checkpoint 0).
- The first man and woman to return back with all checkpoint marks wins.
- Look for the sign-up details further down.
We expect you to locate the checkpoints without the assistance of your smartphones. If you're in doubt, you can always ask around. Our checkpoint staff can also point you in the right direction if you look overly confused.
But don't worry too much - we've only picked well-known locations in the city. If you're still struggling, then we suggest keeping up with someone who knows their way around the block and then beat them on the final stretch.
Please arrive ready to roll, but you can leave your personal belongings safely at checkpoint 0.
What's in it for you?
You'll have a lot of fun, while battling with the other runners about being the fastest street racer in town. The fastest man and woman will get a gift card for the SAYSKY webshop and SAYSKY socks. There's also a bonus reward for the runner who completes the course with the fewest kilometers to his/her name.
This is a competitive event that'll challenge your otherwise always coordinated and planned nature as a runner. Applicants will be selected based on their seasonal 5k PBs and not as a first come, first serve basis. We'll send out a participant confirmation/info e-mail a few days before the race with the specific details outlined. Here's where to apply for each event:
You'll be taking on the city with no guidance, course or anyone looking out for you. We expect to you respect the general traffic rules and be extremely aware of your surroundings. Running through the city comes with risks, however, as experienced city runners, you're well acquainted with these and you know how to get from A to B safely. By signing up to this race, you accept that SAYSKY cannot be held accountable for any damages or injuries that you may cause or sustain before, during or after the race. Taking part in the SASKY Sub Rosa Race is at your own risk.
For questions: email@example.com